Don’t pack up for your long weekend away just yet. We have some important stuff to talk about – including the anticipation of SOUTH-TEC, a new team member introduction, and ways to help our brothers and sisters in the Houston area.
Let’s get started:
1. 1000 lb. Sentence(s): “On the Internet, speed matters. According to research by Microsoft, Google, and others, if a website is even 250 milliseconds slower than a rival, people will visit it less often.” – Marvin Ammori, innovation lawyer, civil liberties advocate, and scholar best known for his work on network neutrality and Internet freedom issues
And Facebook is upping the ante, as well, by recently announcing that slower loading web pages will earn lower rankings.
We’ve got the entire scoop right here: Don’t Get Buried in the Facebook Feed
Most marketers know that Facebook Ads, when managed skillfully, can be a powerful marketing tool. If you need help a) speeding up your site or b) negotiating the Facebook territory in general, you know who to call.
2. Hot Tip: While we’re on the topic of Facebook, here’s a clip of the CEO of the “greatest digital marketing agency on the planet,” Kasim Aslam, being interviewed by Smart Hustle Magazine.
Smart Hustle caught up with Kasim after his speaking gig at Infusionsoft’s ICON 2017 conference this year and, no surprise, his presentation focused on one of his all-time favorite topics: Facebook Wizardry: Advanced Facebook Strategies for Serious Lead Generation
For a quick shot of valuable FB insight, check it out here.
3. Win of the Week: Big win this week, and his name is Drew Leathem – our newest Project Manager and, as it turns out, a man of many talents.
Drew studied Electrical Engineering at ASU but also works as a stuntman on the weekends. Seriously.
He started his journey in the digital realm with Web Development and his father’s ’99 laptop, eventually those skills lead him to work with KPO Global in 2012.
From 2013-16 Drew managed a video production team and an in-house hardware repair business. Drew spent the beginning of 2017 as the opening Manager of a VR arcade next to ASU – “VR Junkies.” He also worked on the digital marketing and arcade social media campaigns. We’re thrilled to have him on our team!
Why: Manufacturing and technology is changing. Fast.
SOUTH-TEC 2017 is designed to give manufacturers the means to discover and acquire the tools needed to drive the next evolution of their industry. SOUTH-TEC creates a greater opportunity to engage first-hand with world-class suppliers and identify solutions needed – from development to final production.
Oh, and our founder, CEO, and fearless leader, THE Kasim Aslam, will be speaking at this event. Don’t miss out!
5. Client Spotlight
This week, we want to highlight a very special client: Nutri-West.
Founded by a Chiropractor, Dr. Paul White in the early 1980s, Nutri-West is a vitamin manufacturing company based out of Douglas, WY; however, their products are distributed around the world, with 19 U.S. distributors and 7 foreign distributors.
Because Nutri-West uses only the purest, pharmaceutical grade ingredients, their products are not sold to the general public and are distributed only through Licensed Healthcare Professionals.
Nutri-West’s fundamental focus is patient well-being.
6. 6. Best-of-the-Week Outside Content: Digital Marketer always kills it. We all know this by now.
But I’m crazy about this blog, Perfect Content Marketing: How Content Generates Leads and Sales at Every Step of the Funnel.
Just trust me on this. Read it.
7. One of the Good Ones: We are devastated to see the damage – to homes, businesses, and lives – in Houston and surrounding areas this past week.
There are, of course, many organizations who provide crucial services in these times of distress, but this week, we want to shine a light on three local organizations:
The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, founded by Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, is administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
The Texas Diaper Bank in San Antonio is asking for diapers and wipes, which can be dropped off in-person or mailed to 5415 Bandera Road, Suite 504, San Antonio, Tex., 78238.
8. The Thinker: “It’ll keep you alive for another 10 years if you get yourself a laugh once a day: either provoke it, or look around in the wildest laboratory in the world, the public.” – Jerry Lewis
P.S. If you have digital marketing questions or would like to learn more about our free audits, click here to schedule a call.
P.P.S. Ever since our inaugural “8 That Rate” email blast, subscribers have been sending back rave responses, traffic’s gone up and our brand is getting some new buzz. If that’s something you’d like to see happen for your company, let us know. We can create a custom weekly newsletter that speaks specifically to your subscribers, in your voice, about topics that would be of great interest to them and, ultimately, just get people excited about your brand.