We’re eight days into the month – what a perfect day to indulge in the 8 That Rate! Today, we’re talking honest headlines, a Google Snippet win, and Sagegreenlife.
Let’s get started:
1. 1000 lb. Sentence(s): “…a headline changes the way people read an article and the way they remember it. The headline frames the rest of the experience.” – Maria Konnikova, contributing writer for newyorker.com
We constantly push the importance of a good headline in our content department. But the only thing worse than a bad headline is a misleading one.
Here’s what we mean:
If you offer up an intriguing headline to pull readers in, you better deliver content that fulfills its promise. Otherwise, your readers will get super irritated super fast and never trust you again.
This is serious, gang. Write great headlines. Write great content.
2. Hot Tip: Make sure your site is loading fast!
Newsflash: Facebook just announced that slower-loading web pages will be ranked lower in their feed. This means if you want your site’s link to show up at the top of your friends’ news feed, it better be a fast-loading site.
3. Win of the Week: Veatch Ophthalmic Instruments, one of our favorite clients, just achieved ultimate Google success: A Google Snippet!
This is a content writer’s dream come true.
See, when a user asks Google a question, a snippet block is Google’s way of summarizing the answer. The answer is extracted from a trusted webpage, includes a link to the page, the page title, and URL.
It’s basically a giant shoutout from the Google Gods. Huge win.
Do you want your content to be featured by the Almighty Google, too? Call us.
Why: Indulge in three full days of content and networking and learn everything that’s working now in ecommerce, digital media, information publishing, and subscription commerce.
Plus, we all know by now that Digital Marketer can do no wrong.
5. Client Spotlight
This week, we want to highlight a very special client: Sagegreenlife.
At a glance, Sagegreenlife designs, manufactures, and installs beautiful, living green walls. Utilizing patented hydroponic technology, the company is committed to designing healthy, sustainable and aesthetically captivating spaces. With versatile design capabilities, they are at the forefront of sustainable design.
Made up of designers, thinkers, growers, and entrepreneurs, the team is passionate about transforming our built world into happier, sustainable living spaces.
Learn all about Sagegreenlife here.
6. 6. Best-of-the-Week Outside Content: SEO is constantly shifting and morphing into a new beast. And the newest must-have for search are pillar pages. Don’t know what that is? Read all about it here.
Oh, and if this seems like something you need for your site, don’t forget to reach out.
7. One of the Good Ones: DonorsChoose.org allows users to fund specific project requests from teachers in US public schools. Donors choose and give money to a project that they’re passionate about, and hear back from the classroom with photos and updates.
The organization prepared a special fund for Harvey victims. Support helps teachers rebuild and restock their classrooms with materials like books, furniture, classroom supplies, technology, and therapy resources.
8. The Thinker: “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” – Scott Adams
P.S. If you have digital marketing questions or would like to learn more about our free audits, click here to schedule a call.
P.P.S. Ever since our inaugural “8 That Rate” email blast, subscribers have been sending back rave responses, traffic’s gone up and our brand is getting some new buzz. If that’s something you’d like to see happen for your company, let us know. We can create a custom weekly newsletter that speaks specifically to your subscribers, in your voice, about topics that would be of great interest to them and, ultimately, just get people excited about your brand.