Settle in for some SEO wisdom, CPC wizardry, a Solutions 8 Anniversary and some advice on improving site viewability . . .
1. 1000 lb. Sentence “SEO is a marketing function for sure, but it needs to be baked into a product, not slapped on like icing after the cake is baked.” – Duane Forrester, Yext VP of Industry Insights
As I’ve pointed out in newsletters past, SEO is far from dead – it’s just been reinvented. I love this quote because it speaks to our own philosophy, which is that SEO should be an organic and integral part of the content, not just something that’s only “frosting deep” and in place to please a search engine bot.
While it’s true that good SEO takes real time and effort, the good news is that it can be supplemented (with rapid results) by some skillful PPC. In fact, we’ve written a sharp little blog to tell you how: Pay-Per-Click and Search Engine Optimization: B.F.F.’s (Best Friends Forever)
2. Hot Tip: We all want site traffic, but wouldn’t it be nice if there were a way to boost the quality of that traffic? Well, our friends at Facebook are at it again and this time they’ve created an intuitive tool that not only drives traffic but makes sure your ads are funneling in users that are most likely to engage with your site.
For your reading pleasure: Facebook Ads – How to Optimize For Landing Page Views
3. Win of the Week: This one’s almost too good to be true . . . but it totally is!! We recently helped a new client, who specializes in medical staffing recruitment, restructure their Google Ads campaign.
When they came to us in May, they had four conversions at $278.78 per.
Before Solutions 8:
After Solutions 8:
That’s right, 23 more conversions at a savings of $243.77 per. You should call us.
4. Event I’d Kill to Attend: B2B Marketing Forum 2017
Where: Boston, MA
When: Oct. 3-6
Tickets: Click for info.
Presented By: Marketing Profs
Why: This is going to be a big one and it’s a bit on the spendy side, but there’s a reason for that. This monster has 63+ sessions aimed solely at addressing the unique challenges posed by business-to-business marketing and promises to be an unprecedented networking opportunity.
If you go, you’ll get to “ . . . meet, network, and get advice from hundreds of B2B marketers, from companies like Adobe, Deloitte, Duke Energy, Google, IBM, SAP, Vanguard, and more.”
The keynotes, in particular, are sure to offer an intriguing blend of insights, since they include leaders from not only the marketing sector but also the team captain of the first American women’s Everest expedition and the CEO of the Center for Civil and Human Rights.
5. Happy 5 Year Anniversary!!
Our incredible, uber-talented Head of Social, Natalie McCatty, has been with us for a 5 years and, along the way, has blazed a trail of killer content, served as teacher and mentor to new writers and has been a team member that can always be counted on to come through in a pinch and offer wise counsel.
Says Sol8 head, Kasim, “I am so grateful to have Natalie on our team. She’s one of those people that you can always rely on. She’s like a lighthouse, always there when you need her.”
We all second that! Here’s to many more fun, exciting years with you, Natalie!!
6. 6. Best-of-the-Week Outside Content: This quick-read blog from Digiday is worthwhile for anyone with a site that runs ads: How Ranker doubled its viewability rates in 15 months
The super popular listicle site was able to take its viewability from 35% to more than 70% by implementing a few simple changes (no more slideshows, adopting lazy-loading ads, etc.), Ranker was able to increase mobile load time that resulted in a “60 percent improvement in how long it takes Ranker to render content on mobile devices, from 1.2 seconds to 0.5 seconds.” Not too shabby.
7. One of the Good Ones: This week’s nonprofit, the Turner Syndrome Foundation, isn’t one you might have heard of, even though Turner Syndrome affects one in 2000 females worldwide.
Turner Syndrome is a random chromosomal disorder that’s often hard to miss since its symptoms vary with each case, but it can trigger serious health issues like diabetes, infertility and serious pregnancy complications, as well as heart, kidney, thyroid, hearing problems, etc.
This one is close to our hearts because our Solutions 8 family has been affected by Turner Syndrome and there’s a good chance you know someone who has been too, even though it may not be readily apparent.
You can get involved through donations, fundraising, volunteering, shopping their online store, etc. Proceeds go toward advocacy, education, awareness, and research – this is a great organization and we strongly recommend checking it out.
8. The Thinker: “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” – Arthur C. Clark
Same time next week!
P.S. If you have digital marketing questions or would like to learn more about our free audits, click here to schedule a call.
P.P.S. Ever since our inaugural “8 That Rate” email blast, subscribers have been sending back rave responses, traffic’s gone up and our brand is getting some new buzz. If that’s something you’d like to see happen for your company, let us know. We can create a custom weekly newsletter that speaks specifically to your subscribers, in your voice, about topics that would be of great interest to them and, ultimately, just get people excited about your brand.