In this week’s episode, we’re talking about increasing conversions, message matching and marketing copy, and a little award that a certain digital marketing agency received this week (guess who?).
1. 1000 lb. Sentence: “Market like the year you are in”
– Gary Vaynerchuck
I think we’ve all been guilty of not staying up to date like we should in our marketing. There are a million other things vying for your attention, and what you’ve always done seems to be working okay, so why change?
The hard truth here is – if you aren’t constantly updating your techniques and strategies to stay current, you’re leaving money on the table.
Case in point, did you know that Facebook just launched a new optimization method for its campaigns? You can now choose to optimize for landing page views instead of link clicks. The result? Higher quality leads for cheaper.
The moral of the story is that, even if the things you’ve always done seem to keep working, there are always new ways to make things better. We’re in the business of optimization, which means that it’s quite literally our job stay on the cutting edge.
Don’t believe me? Read this: 10 Marketing Insights for 2017 From Gary Vaynerchuk, Ann Handley & More
2. Hot Tip: Speaking of staying relevant with your marketing, have you looked at your content strategy lately?
I know that, in the world of digital marketing, things can change at the drop of a hat. Entire strategies can rise and fall overnight. Despite that crazy world of change however, the importance of thought leadership and quality content marketing has continued to dominate.
Major impact on SEO? Check.
Provides great customer interactions? Check.
Establishes competence in your industry? Check.
Still the number one way to keep an advantage over your competitors? Check.
See how at our blog: How Your Competition Steals Your Clients Before You Even Talk To Them
3. Win of the Week: Breaking news! Solutions 8 (yep, that’s us) was voted as a Top 10 Digital Marketing Agency in Phoenix by Expertise.com!
Expertise is an online resource where people and professionals can connect and share their knowledge, experience, and skills. Using their proprietary method, combining objective software and a talented team, they scour through countless businesses and determine which ones rise above the rest.
We’re incredibly excited, humbled, and honored to be receiving this distinction. A big shoutout to our fearless leader, Kasim Aslam, who has undoubtedly led this company to achieve awesome things.
You can find our listing here: 10 Best Phoenix Digital Marketing Agencies
Why: If you’re into digital marketing, this conference is for you. It’s all about conversions (hence the name), and for two days it transforms Minneapolis into a marketing mecca.
With over 15 powerhouse speakers, including filmmaker and podcaster Kevin Smith, Leadpages Co-Founder Clay Collins, Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income, and many more, you can be sure you’ll leave with practical knowledge from industry leaders you can start implementing right away.
They’re dedication to, you guessed it, conversion optimization is what really sets this conference apart. There’s no fluff, no rabbit trails, just an intense focus on helping you and your business convert more customers and scale.
Also, Minneapolis shouldn’t be too bad that time year, right?
5. 5 Minute Power Snack: What if I told you that I could increase your conversions and transform your marketing in three 5-minute videos?
You’d believe me? Well that’s good, because you can. The good folks over at StoryBrand put together a marketing framework that is both parts revolutionary and ancient. How, you ask? By using time-tested storytelling techniques to supercharge your marketing.
Check them out here: 5 Minute Marketing Makeover
6. 6. Best-of-the-Week Outside Content: To keep the Conversion train rolling, we have a killer case study blog from Brad Smith over on Moz. He’s talking about how a single, underlying piece of your marketing can lift conversion rates by 212.74%. What’s this magical mystery, you ask?
Message match. Check out the blog to hear more about it.
7. One of the Good Ones: This week, in light of Chester Bennington’s death (lead singer of Linkin Park, we’re featuring Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Founded in 2005, “the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They’re committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness.”
If you or a loved one is struggling with depression, suicide, or simply wants to talk with someone, there’s help. You can call 1-800-273-8255 to be connected quickly with a trained professional who will lend an ear.
There are several ways to get involved, including online donations, volunteering, educating yourself, etc. Together we can all make a different, and the Suicide Prevention Lifeline is at the forefront.
8. The Thinker: “The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one” – John C. Maxwell
Thanks for tuning in!
P.S. If you have digital marketing questions or would like to learn more about our free audits, click here to schedule a call.
P.P.S. Ever since our inaugural “8 That Rate” email blast, subscribers have been sending back rave responses, traffic’s gone up and our brand is getting some new buzz. If that’s something you’d like to see happen for your company, let us know. We can create a custom weekly newsletter that speaks specifically to your subscribers, in your voice, about topics that would be of great interest to them and, ultimately, just get people excited about your brand.